Acrylic mediums can be so confusing. There are so many to choose from. Gel Medium, Fluid Medium, Gesso, Crackle Paste, Molding Paste, matte, glossy, etc. What are they for? Which should you use? Which brand is best? Can something else be substituted? Can someone just cut to the chase and speak in plain English?
If you are confused by the many mediums available, have no fear. Shirley Pando and Jeri Parks are here to help you make sense of a most confusing subject. Come learn what each type of medium is for and which you may want to use in your next mixed media project or card or tag or scrapbook page and more.
Over four lessons we will demonstrate the pros and cons of 13 different acrylic mediums, additives, paint and applicators. We will explain how to use each product, how to apply it to various surfaces, possible substitutions for the product, and share our experiences with them.
By the end of the workshop students will:
- Have a clear understanding what a medium is and to use it.
- Learn the differences between each medium.
- Learn the difference between an additive and a medium.
- Learn which mediums are most essential and which ones are just nice to have.
- Test mediums using a variety of surfaces and applicators.
- Understand how to use mediums with paint and other color mediums.
- Create a sample book to future use.
- Learn how to prep your surfaces before beginning your projects.
- Create finished projects for each medium/additive. Projects will include mixed media projects, tags, art journaling pages and cards.