During this workshop students will:
- Learn the use, care, and storage of the Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate.
- Learn which types of paints and papers work best with monoprinting.
- Use repurposed items to create prints.
- Create handmade stencils, stamps, and masks to create prints.
- Make single and multiple prints on various types of paper.
- Learn how to rescue “ugly” prints.
- Use the prints made in class to create cards and either an art journal page or collaged canvas.
**During the Bonus 4th Lesson, students will:
- Learn which paints and fabrics work best for monoprinting.
- Create single and multiple prints on fabric.
- Use one of the fabric prints to create a no-sew fused fabric tote!
- Lesson 1: Introduction to the Gelli Arts Printing Plate – Storage, Care and General Use; Paints, Papers, and Tools; Creating Your First Prints.
- Lesson 2: Create Handmade Stencils, Stamps, and Masks; Use Your Handmade Tools and Repurposed Items to Create Loads of Prints.
- Lesson 3: Create Projects with Printed Papers – Cards and Either an Art Journal Page or Canvas.
- Lesson 4 (BONUS): Acrylic vs. Textile Paints, Fabrics; Printing on Fabric; Create a No-Sew Fused Fabric Tote.
Registration ends Friday, May 13th. Make sure to enroll NOW or you'll have to wait until the fall. :-(
Next up? Working on a brand new workshop to open June 2015, Mastering the Mediums, taught by Jeri Parks and me! If you're confused about all of the acrylic mediums there are, you are not alone! There's Gesso, Gel Medium, Fluid Medium, Molding Paste, Crackle Paste, and many others. What are they for? Which should you use? Which brand is best? Can anything else be substituted? Come find out the answers to all of your burning questions. Registration opens soon!