Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

Feeling Blue? Get Well Cards for You!

So much cold weather! Yes, I am in Florida and there's absolutely no comparison between our winter and the extreme weather that those to the north of us are experiencing. I am grateful I live in the Sunshine State! 

But with all of this crazy winter weather, there are many folks who have been bitten by the flu bug or have horrible allergy issues. I am sure you know at least one person who is suffering. Send a handmade card to your friend who is feeling blue. What a great pick-me-up it would be.

A Little Birdie... (1)

Here's a few Get Well cards I had loads of fun making.



Title: A Little Birdie #1, above                                                
Card Base: 4.25” x 6”

Supplies:
Cardstock, paper, handmade scalloped border, bird cut-out, chipboard leaf sprig, printed sentiment, stipple brush, ink
  • The handmade scalloped border was made from a painted paper bag. Once the paints are dry, use your border punch for a unique accent to any card!
  • My papers and birdie are made from collage papers in  every issue of Stampington & Co.'s Somerset Studio, my favorite magazine!
Instructions:
1.      Cut paper and adhere to card.
2.      Tear paper and adhere to top corner.
3.      Adhere border to lower edge of card.
4.      Cut out bird.  Adhere to card.
5.      Print sentiment, trim, stipple ink and adhere to card.
6.      Glue chipboard leaf sprig.


*****************************

Get Well Soon

Title: Get Well Soon
Card Base: 4.25” x 5.5”

Supplies:
Cardstock, paper, bird cut-out, punch out border, ribbon, chipboard flower, printed sentiment, ink, stipple brush

Instructions:
1.      Cut paper to size and adhere to card.
2.      Print sentiment, trim, stipple ink and adhere to card bottom.
3.      Adhere punch out border and ribbon at top of card.
4.      Cut out bird and adhere to card.
5.      Glue flower to card.



*******************************

A Little Birdie (2)

Title: A Little Birdie #2                                                
Card Base: 4.25” x 6”

Supplies:
Cardstock, paper, bird cut-out, printed sentiment, stipple brush, ink, chipboard flower

Instructions:
1.      Cut and tear paper to size. Adhere to card.
2.      Cut out bird and adhere to card.
3.      Print sentiment, trim, stipple ink and adhere to card.
4.      Glue chipboard flower to card.


Sentiments
Looking for the right words to write in your card? You might choose heartfelt words, song lyrics, or a sweet poem. Check out some sentiments I've gathered, below. One of them may be perfect for your next Get Well card.

  • I am sorry you are not feeling well. I am praying for you to have a complete and quick recovery.
  • I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Get well soon!
  • I am praying for a quick recovery for you. Get better and make my prayers come true.
  • Get well soon, so I can come over and bother you.
  • I'm writing you a prescription to get better. Don't forget to take your medicine.
  • You are in my thoughts and my prayers. I am praying for a quick recovery.
  • Sending you warm regards and hopes that you will get well soon.
  •  I am praying that you have the strength and the peace to get you through your illness.

I hope you have a crafty and healthy week!

No comments :

Post a Comment