Take a look through your supplies and see what you already have that would be a great addition to a masculine card. Look for items with hard edges rather than light or frilly edges. This could be all things industrial, architectural, bold and graphic, wood grain, and indestructible! While you can purchase some embellishments for your masculine cards, there are also some items quite near to you that you may not have thought of.
- Distressed items - Distress inks, edge distresser, and rumpled and crumpled tags.
- Cork - You can find papers with a cork pattern on it and also actual thin cork paper to cut tags out of.
- Sand paper - Tear it and use it as a background.
- Watch parts - Use a metal glue to attach them to your card surface
- Fabric -Blue jeans, pinstripe, plaid, and bandanna. Glue it, stitch it, use fusible, or secure it on your card with brads at the corners.
- Corrugated cardboard
- Metal Mesh or screening - Make a pocket for a gift card.
Cut mesh about an inch larger on each side than the finished dimensions.
Fold the top edge over a metal ruler, taking care of your fingers.
Fold the right and left sides and the bottom edge
behind the cardstock piece so the sharp edges are in the back.
- Craft wire:
To create this card embellishment, take craft wire...
...twirl it tightly around a pencil...
...slip it off, then flatten it to create the cool wire embellishments to slip in tags.
Or what about some goodies from the Home Improvement store?
Weed Eater line replacement