Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

February is my Birthday Month!

February is my birthday month! I love that it comes early in the year and is in the same month as Valentine's Day. When I was a kid, my mom used to cook our favorite dinner on our birthday and, of course, our favorite cake. I remember one year I chose ham and potatoes and green beans (YUM!!) for dinner and every year it was ALWAYS a heart shaped homemade strawberry cake. With big chunks of strawberries. OMG!

Birthday Cards Banner

So while birthday's are on my mind I figured it was a fine time to share some birthday cards.


We are always in need of a birthday card or two to send to our family and loved ones throughout the year. One of my goals every year is to send out birthday and anniversary cards to all of my family. I usually do good until about the end of March. UGH! Hopefully, this year I will do better!

I have three sisters and two brothers and I am smack dab in the middle of them all in birth order. Most of my siblings have spouses and/or a child or two. My parents are still married...to each other! I don't want those born (or with anniversary's) in the last three-fourths of the year to miss out on a card and an encouraging word from me on their special day. Having a few cards already made will help. I also make a note on my calendar a week ahead of time so I can send it out...that should definitely help me make my goal this year!

So here's a few cards I have stashed away for birthdays this year:

Card 1: Birthday Wishes


Orange Birthday Wishes card
Theme: Birthday
Card Base: 5” x 7”
Supplies:
Cardstock (Bazzill 8x8 Marigold Monochromatic Trio Cardstock Multi-pack 15 Sheets ), Patterned paper (SEI Dill Blossom Assortment Pack, 24-Papers and 1-Die Cut Sheet ), tag, ribbon, rub-on alpha, epoxy accent

Instructions: 


  1. Tie ribbon to tag and adhere to patterned paper.
  2. Adhere to card base.
  3. Add rub-on sentiment.  Add epoxy accent.



Card 2: Cherish

Bird Cherish card
Theme:  Birthday
Card Base: 4.25” x 5.5”

Supplies:
Vintage music paper, Embossing Folder (Bird Call), CuttleBug Machine (Cricut Cuttlebug Machine, V2 Green ), cardstock, printed twill, lace, ribbon, button, Distress ink (Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad, Vintage Photo )
Instructions:
1.      Trim music paper to size. Adhere or sew to card base**.
2.      Cut 4” x 5.25” piece cardstock.  Dry emboss with embossing folder.  Cut out embossed image.  Ink raised portion. Adhere on top of music paper.
3.      Adhere printed twill.
4.      Adhere lace, ribbon, and button.



**If you would like to machine stitch on paper, give it a try! It's fun and easy. You only need to take note of a few important things. Check out my "10 Tips for Stitching on Paper".


These cards, above, were made for an online workshop I previously taught with Jeri Parks and Linda Dotterer called "Card Boot Camp".

No comments :

Post a Comment