Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Encourage Your Children! + Cards

To encourage someone literally means to give courage to. We all need that, don't we? The older I get, the more I see how much we are all the same. We all need a lot of encouragement.

How To Really Love a Child


I believe when a child is consistently encouraged, he or she will believe that they can do great things. And they will end up with loads of self confidence. YOU will be what YOU believe YOURSELF to be!! It thrills and amazes me when I see a child or young adult with lots of self confidence and courage to say or do the right things...especially things that are way beyond their years and above what the norm is doing...morally and spiritually.

I have a coffee mug with the verse/image, 101 Ways to Praise a Child. It is one of my favorite mugs...right next to the mug with a photo of my three sons on it. Another verse/poem I have is the one above from SARK. It was on a card I received.  I don't remember who gave it to me or when or why I received it, but I saved the card front. It is on my refrigerator. Even though my youngest son is now 20 and the other two are living on their own, I keep this within arms reach. I'm saving it for the time when I have grandkids. 

As encouragement is on my mind, I have two cards to share with you that will encourage kids of any age.

You are out of this world card
Title: You are out of this World
Card Base: 5” x 7”

Supplies:
Cardstock (Bazzill), patterned paper (October Afternoon - Rocket Age), die cut image, tiny letter stickers

Instructions:
1.      Cut papers to size and adhere to card base. (I strategically cut this so the space ship would be visible.)
2.      Cut cream strip 1-1/2” x 6-7/8” and adhere to panel.
3.      Cut blue strip 1” x 6-7/8” and adhere to center of cream strip.
4.      Adhere die cut to strips.
5.      Add tiny letter stickers to cardstock, trim closely and adhere to card.



You can do it card

Title: You can do it
Card Base: Card Base: 5” x 7”

Supplies:
Cardstock (Bazzill), Patterned paper (Scenic Route - North Shore), photo corners (Heidi Swapp), rub-ons

Instructions:
1.      Cut striped paper to size and adhere to card base.
2.      Cut white paper with circles to 4” x 5.25”.  Add photo corners and attach to card.
3.      Add circular rub-ons to circle areas on paper.
4.      Add rub-ons to paper, trim to 4-7/8” x ¾”.



Make sure to encourage one another daily. Especially those children!

No comments :

Post a Comment