So without further ado, the "official" BEST AND WORST Crafting Products Awards:
First, let me preface this by saying that this list is subjective. What I might not like may be your favorite and vice versa. That's totally OK.
Let's start off with the BEST...my favorite crafting goods:
- Acrylic paint...Pretty much any brand is OK by me. I could NOT live without acrylic paint if stranded on a desert island.
- Stencils - Anything from The Crafter's Workshop. But don't forget your local craft store. Check in the home decor aisle, too. If you have a die cutting machine you can even cut your own. I've made TONS of stencils with my Cricut machine using cardstock, stencil blanks, quilter's template plastic and file folders.
- Derwent Inktense Pencils - Watercolor pencils that offer intense ink color with a translucent effect. These are blendable and once they are dry, they are permanent. I originally purchased the pack of six, but I wish I would have purchased the larger palette of colors...there's still time!
- Fusible - This is basically glue for fabric. I know it sounds like an oxymoron, but fusible is heat activated "adhesi" for fabric. One of my favorite brands is Therm-O-Web Heat'n Bond. Use it for applique, crafting, quilting, and more. Check out this blog post for more fusible fun.
- Bazzill cardstock - OK, this one's not really fair. The only cardstock I've used (besides cheap stuff that I would never purchase again) is Bazzill. 80# textured cardstock...simply the best in my eyes.
- Scotch ATG Gun - THE BEST glue runner of all time. Sure, it is large and bulky, but it is worth its weight in gold. Long lasting, easy to change the refills. Totally tops in my book!
- Xyron 150 Create-a-Sticker Machine - Oh, who wouldn't love this? Turns anything thinner than a nickel and 1.5" wide into a sticker. Think ribbon, die cuts, etc.
My WORST list? I'm almost scared to tell you. So sorry...but, I personally don't like:
- Faber Castell Gelatos - I don't know what it is with these, but I would much rather use watercolor paints than these things. It is just one more thing I don't use. Feel free to leave me a comment and "school" me on this! I know many of you love them.
- Spray Gesso - I originally purchased this product because I thought it would make quick work of gessoing journal pages. I used this product this past weekend to gesso 17 chipboard pieces size 8" x 8" front and back. It ran out on the very last surface. Sure it covered well, but that's not very much product. I'd rather not breathe the toxic fumes (yes, I sprayed outside in the "cold" Florida winter). I really like to use a paintbrush and spreading gesso, as well as paint, is therapeutic to me. I will purchase spreadable gesso from now on.
- Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue - This stuff is so sticky I cannot use it without getting messy. And it doesn't clean off your hands like most other glues do. I DO like Tombow's Mono Aqua..it's actually one of my favorites! (Yes, I should have put it in the BEST category!)
So there you have it. As of today, that's my BEST and WORST list. So what crafty products are your favorites and which products you can live without? Inquiring minds want to know!