Here is a great project to get the whole family involved in the holiday preparations. Use those foam stamps you have made in your Cricut (see my previous post) or use purchased stamps to create an ensemble of items to use for your holiday gift giving.
This project can be tailored to any theme…garden party, children’s birthday, etc.
I love creating with Kraft paper. Such humble paper paired with the very basics of white paint and black stamping ink. It yields a great, graphic look. With this type of project the goal is not perfection, but “humble simplicity”. It does not matter if the stamped images are not straight or the threads are showing on your stitched cards…it’s all a part of the simple look.
Check out the instructions below.
Tools and Supplies:
- Foam stamps made with your Cricut or purchased stamps
- Acrylic paints
- Foam brush, paint palette
- Kraft paper or recycled paper grocery bags
- Shipping tag
- Card base, mine is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 folded
- Music paper or scrapbooking paper
- Sentiment stamp
- Sewing machine and thread, optional
- Paper towels
Gift Wrap Instructions:
1. Create stamps with your Cricut. See the tutorial HERE. Mount foam stamps on wood base or corrugated cardboard.
2. Lay Kraft paper or recycled grocery bags on work area.
3. Pour paint onto paint palette or disposable plate. With foam brush, spread a minimal amount of paint onto stamp…you don’t want a lot of paint, just a thin coating. (Tip: Using a brayer makes this nice and easy.)
4. Stamp snowflakes or other image all over paper. Maybe you want to add some glitter to the wet paint? Or heat emboss a few images? Ooh...what about flocking? Or dimensional paint?
5. Let dry. Wrap your gifts and tie with twine!
Gift Tag Instructions:
1. Tear music paper or scrapbook paper and attach to tag with a bit of glue. Attach only in center if you will be sewing on the tag.
2. Cut out a snowflake from the gift wrap and attach to the tag.
3. Machine stitch all layers to tag.
4. Add stamped sentiment. (This stamp was NOT created on the Cricut)
Christmas Card Instructions:
1. Create your card base. Mine are 5.5" x 4.25" when folded.
2. Cut piece of music paper or scrapbook paper to size of card front and attach with adhesive. Attach only in center if you will be sewing. Stitch paper to card front.
3. Cut or tear snowflake from gift wrap and attach to card front.
4. Tie knot in twine and center on lower portion of card. Straight stitch on either side to secure. Do you like the look of stitched paper? Check out my 10 Tips for Stitching on Paper!
Are you creating any handmade items for this holiday season? Leave me a comment and let me know what you are creating!