Check out the video tutorial below:
I got the idea for this book from a class I took ages ago from Rusty Pickle while at a scrapbooking show. Their project was a bit smaller and the book was bound with leather strips. I really liked that company. Ah, such is the way of the independent scrapbooking company.
- 3 pieces 12” x 12” black 80# high quality cardstock
- Various antique-looking collage papers
- 5 feet of 1” wide grosgrain ribbon…I used black for the binding and tie
- 1 D-ring(for front tie, optional)
- Cream cardstock to print out quotes
- Tacky glue, foam brush
- Mini rickrack, black
Tools: Paper trimmer, scissors, adhesive runner, staples and stapler, hole punch, inks, paints, foam stamps (I used a filigree stamp)
Optional These are some of the embellishments I have used for my project. You can use whatever you have on hand.
- 4 black brads, 1 decorative brad
- Ribbon, twine
- Metal-rimmed tags, jewelry tags, shipping tags
- Filigree corners or photo corners
- Old cancelled postage stamps or stamp stickers
- Embellishments: clocks, steamships, keys, or anything that signifies an antique look to you
- Silk flower
- Small envelope and tag
- Themed stamps, rub-ons
- Buttons, charms
- 1 swirl clip, 1 safety pin
- Mulberry paper scrap
Please check back on Friday 10/31/2014 for Part 2 of the video to bind your book.
If you would like the printable words for this project, please leave me a comment with your email address and I will send it to you!