Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Video Tutorial: Family Accordion Book

Here's a great tutorial for using up your scraps AND giving thanks for your family. Maybe you'd like to make one, fill it with old family photos, and bring it to Thanksgiving to share with your fam?? I bet they'd get a kick out of it and you would be creating new family memories. It's a win-win!




Check out the video tutorial below:



I got the idea for this book from a class I took ages ago from Rusty Pickle while at a scrapbooking show. Their project was a bit smaller and the book was bound with leather strips. I really liked that company. Ah, such is the way of the independent scrapbooking company.

Supplies:

  • 3 pieces 12” x 12” black 80# high quality cardstock
  • Various antique-looking collage papers
  • 5 feet of 1” wide grosgrain ribbon…I used black for the binding and tie
  • 1 D-ring(for front tie, optional)
  • Cream cardstock to print out quotes
  • Tacky glue, foam brush
  • Mini rickrack, black
  

Tools: Paper trimmer, scissors, adhesive runner, staples and stapler, hole punch, inks, paints, foam stamps (I used a filigree stamp)


Optional These are some of the embellishments I have used for my project.  You can use whatever you have on hand. 

  • 4 black brads, 1 decorative brad
  • Ribbon, twine
  • Metal-rimmed tags, jewelry tags, shipping tags
  • Filigree corners or photo corners
  • Old cancelled postage stamps or stamp stickers
  • Embellishments: clocks, steamships, keys, or anything that signifies an antique look to you
  • Silk flower
  • Small envelope and tag
  • Themed stamps, rub-ons
  • Buttons, charms
  • 1 swirl clip, 1 safety pin
  • Mulberry paper scrap














Please check back on Friday 10/31/2014 for Part 2 of the video to bind your book.
If you would like the printable words for this project, please leave me a comment with your email address and I will send it to you!


No comments :

Post a Comment