Have you been thinking about creating an "All About Me" album for future generations to get a peek at what it's like to be YOU? Check out my previous posts HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE to see the "All About Me" album I created using paper bags.
13 Tips to Jump Start Your "All About Me" Album!
I found much of the following information at http://www.scrapjazz.com/topics/Themes/About_Me/108.php
Many people are excited about the prospect of preserving their lives, but they don't know where to start. They feel overwhelmed at the thought of chronicling their entire life. You don't have to start at the beginning or even work through chronologically. Start with some fun and easy scrapbook layouts or create a journal about specific events. Once you've begun it will be easier to add to your book with more stores.
- Journal the meaning of your name.Journal about the meaning of your name. Try online sites like Behind the Name or Meaning of Names. Journal about how you feel about your name, why your parents chose it, and/or if you think the meaning is true for you. In the same idea, what other names did your parents consider naming you? Would the meaning of any of those names have suited you better?
- Write about your favorite color. What does that color make you think of? How does this color make you feel?
- Consider where you'd like to travel in your lifetime. What sites would you like to see? What would you eat? Who would go with you? Gather some travel brochures and journal your plans!
- List what you love about each season. Think about what you eat at certain times of the year, places you go, music you listen to, and things you see. Take pictures and include those!
- Jot down your 5-10 "Everyday Movies" -- what movies could you watch every single day and not get tired of them?
- What are your "Creature Comforts"? What things do you find immediately comforting? Think comfy clothes, foods, books, bubble baths, beauty treatments, etc.
- Ponder what you would do if you won the lottery. What would you spend it on? Include price tags, since money will be no object! Would you share it, and with whom? Would you quit your job? How would it change your life?
- Do a layout (or journal page) on your dream job(s). What did you want to be when you grew up? What do you dream of doing now?
- Write a "Bucket List" or the Top 25 Things to Do in my Lifetime. Then include the dates of when you accomplish them!
- Do a layout on what famous person you would like to have lunch with and why. What questions would you ask? Let your mind stretch from the past to current day.
- What was life like when you were a child? What was the price of gas? A loaf of bread? A movie ticket? Check out online sources such as The People History, Fact Monster, or my favorite, dMarie Time Capsule.
- What are your greatest accomplishments?
- Write the songs you used to sing as a kid. Think of church songs, patriotic songs, Girl Scout camp songs. etc.
These are just thirteen ideas, but I'm sure you can keep it going once the creative juices begin to flow. Leave me a comment about other ideas you have for your "All About Me" album.