Because they are quick and easy, spray adhesives can get the job done fast! I was amazed at how many kinds of spray adhesives are available as I was researching this. Spray adhesives can be used for a wide range of projects. They can be messy so make sure to cover areas you don’t want coated with spray. Also, work in a well-ventilated area and away from flames. All spray adhesives are pressurized, so be careful! I’ve starred (*) the ones I’ve personally used. There are, of course, many other brands available.
- 3M Spray Mount Artist's Adhesive Bonds most all lightweight material instantly, yet allows work to be lifted and repositioned. This spray adhesive requires only one surface application (you don’t need to spray both items). Does not yellow items.
- Krylon Easy-Tack Repositionable Spray Adhesive* This adhesive provides a transparent, repositionable bond on most lightweight materials. It may be adjusted, removed, and reapplied and provides long-lasting tack with no residue, wrinkles or curling. Low-odor and non-staining.
- Crafter’s Companion Stick & Spray* -Forms a repositionable bond that is great for a temporary stick. Don’t throw away your old die cutting mats! Acid free and low VOC’s.
- 404 Spray and Fix by Odif is a permanently repositionable craft adhesive. It sticks paper, leather, plastic, wood, and metal. No residue transfers. Reposition over and over again. Use on machine quilting patterns, stencil patterns, home décor projects, memory books, crafts and artwork.
Photo Mount Adhesives
· 3M Photo Mount Spray Adhesive A strong, clear, non-staining professional-grade adhesive for mounting all black-and-white and color photographs illustrations, maps, and more. Apply 3M Photo Mount to one or both surfaces. The bond is immediate, very strong, and permanent.
· Scotch Photo Mount this spray makes it easy to cover large areas fast. Clear, professional-grade, photo-safe adhesive is pH neutral. For mounting photographs, art prints, maps and drawings.
General and Multi Purpose Adhesives
· 3M™ Super 77™ MultipurposeAdhesive is an extremely versatile, fast-drying adhesive that bonds a wide range of lightweight materials. It forms strong bonds with everything from paper, cardboard, fabric and cushion foam to plastic, metal, wood and much more. Use it in crafts, wreath, silk flowers, home improvement, scrapbooking, picture framing. It is photo safe.
· Elmer's Craft BondMulti-Purpose Spray Glue* is an easy, fast-tack solution for permanent or temporary bonding of a wide variety of materials, from paper to fabric to photos. Craft Bond is acid-free and water-resistant. It resists bleed through, and dries fast and clear.
Strong, permanent, and with an extended open tack time, Krylon Spray Adhesive is an all-purpose adhesive that assures smooth, non-wrinkling adhesion for a variety of lightweight bonding projects. It's also archival, acid-free, and non-yellowing. I have never been disappointed using Krylon brand.
· 3M™ Spray Adhesive for Styrofoam® Brand Foam this is excellent for bonding Styrofoam to itself and to other materials, such as fabrics, ribbons, silk flowers, cardboard, paper, sequins and wood. It's an easy-to-use substitute for silicone adhesives, white glues, hot-melt adhesives, tapes and pins. The fast-drying formula bonds permanently.
Do you have a favorite spray adhesive??