Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

This past Sunday was Mother's Day and we hosted our family get together this year. Most all of my siblings, parents, brother-in-law and mother-in-law were in attendance. We grilled chicken, played Pictionary, went swimming, and played basketball.

Here's the card I made for my mom. I, of course, had to use my Anna Griffin embossing folders and wafer thin dies. See HERE.

The card measures 5" x 7".  I started by adding a base of patterned paper and a few strips of coordinating scraps to the lower half of the folded card.


Die cut two flourishes in coordinating colors. I split the pink one down the center.
 Adhere the bottom pink layer first.

I like to adhere thin dies with Tombow's Mono Aqua Liquid Glue.

Add the second die cut layer on top with dimensional foam dots.

 Note to self: Eew! I need some better lighting! The color is waaaay off on this photo, below! :-( I wonder if I can snag my daughter-in-law's professional lights???



 

Mom was very impressed with my card. I gave her a pot of marigolds to plant in her yard, too. :-)

No comments :

Post a Comment