Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Stamp on your scrapbook pages

For Christmas in 2003, I created seven identical family history scrapbooks for each of my immediate family members. The albums had 42 pages each. If you're counting that is 294 pages...give or take the ones that were redone due to inevitable mistakes! It was quite a feat and took me from February through November that year. When my family opened their presents on Christmas day, they were shocked and amazed at what I had created. Only my dad knew what I was doing and was a big help to me as he knew much of the information and stories I included.

Well, since that time there, of course, have been changes in the family. My youngest brother was divorced and now has a permanent girlfriend, who, I hope, feels like a sister-in-law and an important part of the family. So I created this layout, below, for everyone so they can update their books and replace what was originally in their album.

I used papers from Pink Paislee Nantucket and, my favorite, Bazzill cardstock.

The embellishments were stamped with several stamps and inks. I stamped on Grafix Clear-Lay that I've used for cutting stencils with my Cricut. Of course I had to use a solvent ink (Staz-on by Tsukineko) as it is a slick surface like acetate.

The cool bicycle is from Pink Paislee Nantucket Stamps.

 The frame is from Teresa Collins Tell Your Story line.

The little date and circle are reeeaaallllllly old Scenic Route Office Clear Stamp.

EK Success punch. I really like it when a stamp is the same size as a punch I own.

All I need to do is write in my journaling.

Now I can check off one goal that has been looming over me for quite some time. All I need to do is send them on their way. I will include a note to everyone letting them know that if they, too, want an updated page, all they need to do is email me their photo and I'll get right to it. Do you think I'm asking for trouble?? ;-)

If you'd like to create a family history scrapbook, too, why not check out my online class, "Scrapbooking Your Family History"  at My Creative Classroom


What are your favorite papers, stamps, and inks to use for stamping? I'm not that great of a stamper and I'd love to know your favorites. :-)

1 comment :

  1. Love that Pink Paislee set! Archival Black is my favorite black ink. It's just so dark and crisp and works on almost every surface. Distress inks are fun for reactive techniques. Memento have tons of fun colors too :) Guess I like a lot of them!

    ReplyDelete