Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

What's that gentle hum in the background??

Do you hear it? It's really not that gentle of a hum. It's more like a gnawing, grinding sound. It is, of course, my Cricut Expression. I will probably be hearing that sound all day long as I work through my Cricut cartridge (cart), Edge to Edge. I am making stencils from every key on the cart.



 
I'm using some stencil films I have and also cardstock. I am truly loving these images! I can't wait to get creating with them. I'm cutting them at 8" and then will cut them all again at 12" or as large as my Expression will allow (that darn mat cut line!). Stay tuned to see what gorgeous things I'll make with them.
 
Oh, and don't forget to get in on the giveaway. I'm giving away a free seat to my brand new online class, "Cricut: Crafting with Stencils", which begins Jan 27th.
 
Course Description

I love to create art with stencils, especially ones I can make myself using my Cricut machine!
Come join me for this 5-lesson class to learn how to design Cricut Craft Room files and cut stencils using Cricut Cuttables Stencil Material, cardstock, and freezer paper. Students will create astenciled artist canvas, stenciled card backgrounds, and a stenciled fabric item of their choice. Take your crafting to a whole new level!
Students will learn about other stencil materials you can use with your Cricut and will will receive nine CCR files to download and use in class projects. Use any Cricut machine and any cartridge you own. Students must have basic knowledge of their Cricut machine and the Cricut Craft Room (CCR).

Lessons include:

Lesson 1: Introduction and Inspiration
Lesson 2: Designing Cricut Craft Room Files
Lesson 3: Stenciled Artist Canvas using Cricut Cuttables Stencil Material
Lesson 4: Stenciled Master Board for Cards using Cardstock
Lesson 5: Fabric Item Stenciled with Freezer Paper


The course materials and projects in this class are totally new and different from the lessons in "Crafting with the Cricut: Beyond Paper".
 
************************************
Hop on over to the My Creative Classroom blog, My Creative Life 2014 and comment ON THIS POST. There are several ways to increase your chance of winning. Giveaway ends Monday Jan 20th at midnight. Winner will be announced on the My Creative Life 2014 blog in Tuesday Jan 21st. Someone's gonna win...it might as well be you, right?! ;-)

4 comments :

  1. This looks like a really useful class! Would love to win a seat in it! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cartridge looks really useful. Just need to hope someone buys it for my Birthday and I get some better cuts from my machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time for me to design stencil designs to use with my Cameo.

    Hmmmm... I wonder if Cricut Cuttables Stencil Material would work with a Cameo. I may have to check it out. If it doesn't work I could always send it to you. LOL! I know that the Cricut mats work because that is what I use. I don't like the Silhouette mats.

    My Cameo does actually hum most of the time. Especially if I'm cutting something like shrink plastic or transparencies.

    Hope you had loads of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! I love this cartridge! I can see why the ol' Cricut is humming away! Would love to win a seat in this class..

    ReplyDelete