Friday, November 22, 2013

Paris Subway Art Canvas + Square1 Masterpiece

Here's yet one more project I created for my oldest son's wedding party last month. The couple honeymooned in Paris (LUCKY!!)

 
 Supplies:
Square1 Masterpiece – Black permanent or repositionable, 1 sheet
Square1 Masterpiece – Pink permanent or repositionable, 1 sheet
Square1 Masterpiece - White permanent or repositionable, 1 sheet
  •  Non-stick craft sheet or table covering
  • Stretched artist canvas – I used 10" x 10" 
  • Acrylic Paint
  • Paintbrush or brayer
  • Foam stamp for background
  • Cricut Expression, regular blade and mat
  • Cricut cartridges: Word Collage and Wall Décor and More
  • Cricut Craft Room (CCR)
  • Painter’s tape or transfer tape, if desired
  • Tweezers and/or dental pick tool
  • Charcoal pencil, optional
  • Tissue or Washi tape, optional

Instructions:
1.      Paint the canvas front and sides in desired colors. When dry, use foam stamp and metallic paint (I used Ranger's Distressed Paint in Brushed Pewter) to stamp a light design on background.  Let dry.
 
 
 
2.      Cut Eiffel Tower swirl shadow using Wall Décor and More cartridge from the pink Square 1 Masterpiece. I used blade depth 3, pressure 3. Weed the design and apply to canvas.
 
 
4.      Paint the white Square1 Masterpiece your desired color (I needed gray!). Let dry. Cut Eiffel Tower, weed design and apply to canvas.
 
 
 
 
5.     Cut desired image from Word Collage (Key 11 or B1). Weed the design leaving the desired portions on the backing sheet. Apply to canvas. Using painter’s tape or transfer tape pick up each word or phrase from backing sheet and attach to canvas. I used repositionable product as it allowed me to take time to adjust letters. I find it easiest to start at the right of the canvas and use a plastic transparent ruler to gauge the letter placement.
 
 
6.  Outlining the Eiffel Tower with charcoal pencil gave it a more dimensional look.
 
 
I added a bit of tissue tape to the left edge because I didn't line everything up too well. (UGH!) But no one even noticed! ;-)
 
GIVEAWAY!
If you would like the Cricut Craft Room file I used to create this project, just follow my blog (at left) and leave me a comment with your email address. I'll send it ASAP!

 

1 comment :

  1. Shirley, would love to have the file..my sister loves Paris and I would love to make this for her. Will I be able to edit the Cricut file to make it a .studio or.svg file? I have Inkscape
    DE Studio and Illustrator. Thank you. Deb W. email debfriday@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete