Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wedding Wreath

DIY projects are coming out of my ears at this point as I prepare for my oldest son's wedding party next Saturday. I have a TON of ribbon so I decided that the wedding party NEEDS a wreath made with ribbon...white, of course. ;-)

I saw a wonderful idea on Pinterest and thought I must do this. I started with a wooden embroidery hoop and painted it with gesso. Then onto looping strands of ribbon, which took quite a while. You want it to be very full, so fill the hoop as much as possible.


 
 


I added a gold/bling trim to the inner edge for a bit of shiny.
 

The only problem was that ribbon is flimsy and it falls when hung. :-(
 
 

Thank goodness I have plenty of supplies! ;-) Aleene's Stiffen Quick was the answer.
 
 
There are several other types of fabric stiffeners on the market, so anyone will work, even thinned tacky glue.
 
I sprayed the wreath until it was very saturated. Make sure that you get every piece of ribbon and let it dry.

 
Now all the ribbon stands up and looks wonderful!

 

No comments :

Post a Comment