Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The lollipop trees...art journal page

It's really funny how much I am learning by working in an art journal. First of all, I've always wanted to create one but never took the time. I have such a need for everything to be perfect the first time that I don't let things germinate and work themselves out. And you definitely need to be able to allow time for that in an art journal...at least I do. Take this spread for instance. I create it in my Dylusions Journal.

The background is sprayed with Dylusions Ink Sprays by Ranger. I have one of every color and LOVE THEM!! Circles were cut from some "really old" Basic Grey...I can't even remember the name of it. I don't think I have any more of it.


Washi tape for the "stems", doodling around the periphery, and at the bottom...collaged papers for the grassy area. I glued torn paper scraps with gel medium.



I really didn't like this before I started playing with it. But the best part??? The shadows made such a big difference.


I used Sketch & Wash pencils. A pretty cheap set, but it makes a big impact. I wish I had taken a before and after shot.



No comments :

Post a Comment