Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Tool time!

Today I'm highlighting a few tools that I love.

First, the Crop-A-Dile. This is one FAB punch and eyelet setter. It punches paper, chipboard and fabric books like "buttah". Well, I don't really take great care with my tools...I use and abuse them. So when my CAD was feeling sticky (because I'm sure I've punched through adhesive one too many times), I attacked it with the tried and true fixer of (almost) everything, WD-40!


 Just spray WD-40 in the spring and then punch through paper a few times to clean it a bit. The result? Good as new!

Next up is the White Souffle Pen by Sakura. Now, the best thing, I feel, about this pen is the fact that it writes superbly on dark paper. I am making a journal with all black pages. Enter the white Souffle pen.
Now, you might be fooled as you begin to write with is as it looks rather milky as it comes out of the pen.
As you can see in the photo above, I wrote from left to right.  The white dots at the left...the ones that are dried now...are opaque white where the dots at the right...which I wrote last...are milky and almost transparent.

The final result? Beautiful opaque white dots on my black cardstock page. You must get these pens!





No comments :

Post a Comment