Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

2013 Resolution: Mixed Media Journal

Even though I reeaaallllllyyy hate making new years resolutions, I'm joining in the challenge at Use Every Stamp 2013. Even though I don't have that many stamps my plan is to use up my paper and cardstock...and I'll throw in a few stamps here and there. ;-)

I was a scrapbooking consultant with a now defunct company and still have quite an inventory. Cardstock, paper, kits, embellishments...you name it and I probably have it...and not just one, but multiples! UGH!

So here's to the beginning of a year-long challenge to use up my stuff. Happily, I had a pretty creative day yesterday. Here's a few pages in a small mixed media journal I'm making. Maybe to sell, maybe for a gift...not sure just yet.

The book is about 5" x 7". All pages are black cardstock. I'll be decorating the cover, but haven't done that yet. Cover is 7gypsies board book cover, similar to this.  Papers are from Echo Park "For The Record".

First up is an envelope I machine stitched at the sides and added a little tape measure twill for the flap.

The opposite side of the envie. The book paper says "...so I played alone. My greatest longing was for a pony."


This page has a stitched piece of watercolor paper, ribbon and patterned paper trim.

Next up is another page with cardstock and a little birdie with a bling crown.


I sprayed a doily with "Sprinklers" by October Afternoon. The color is Red Wagon from the 5 & Dime collection. I LOVE this. I am thinking I will adhere it to another paper.  It's on cardstock, but needs to be a bit more firm. I may stitch it with black thread onto...maybe a grid paper?

The last page(so far!) is green grid, black seam binding at the top, black safety pin with silver charm that says "follow your dreams". The tag reads, "Tomorrow is another day."

Yay for me!

1 comment :

  1. Really impressed! I think this is fab! Really like the doily pattern.

    ReplyDelete