Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Mixed Media Banners, Part 2

Here's the last two banners I made for our screened pool area. I'm really hoping the weather is nice so we can sit outside and leave the doors and windows open. So far our weather has been perfect. Gotta love Florida!

"I'll be Home for Christmas" is one of my most favorite Christmas songs. I grew up listening to my mom's huge stereo console with Glenn Campbell singing that song. Such great warm memories!  This banner is canvas, collaged maps, paint, fabric, cardstock letters, stitching, and a few 3-D items, like that wooden fence and three rows of trim at the bottom.



The graphic for the "Joy to the World" banner was drawn from a graphic from our church bulletin from a Christmas service years passed. I get so inspired from the visuals at church...whoever does the displays and images is realllllly good! So I did my version of that image here. Canvas, Christmas music paper, paint, stamped and hand lettering, glitter and a bit of cardstock. Mary and Joseph are holding Jesus in the center...I think I need to darken the outline of the baby's head...it is in grey Pitt pen but I think it needs to be black for more detail to show.


If I have time I'll be making a few more paper wreath items....but baking Christmas cookies and cleaning the house comes first!

No comments :

Post a Comment