Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Holiday mishaps?

You know how much we plan for our holiday gatherings? I was wondering if any of you have had mishaps during the preparations or the actual party.

As I was baking cookies most of the day on Sunday I was really working at a good clip. When I was baking the sugar cookies I noticed that they sure didn't look as smooth and golden as they usually do, but were rather lumpy and weird. So I tasted one as every good baker must do. Hmmmm, why did a sugar cookie taste like communion bread? It didn't take long for me to realize that I forgot to add in the sugar! Well, I kneaded two cups of sugar into the dough (a doubled recipe!) and baked them as usual. Still didn't look the way they should, but I figured that once icing and sprinkles were on top, no one would notice/care. And I was right...they turned out very tasty!



Luckily that was the worst that happened!

No comments :

Post a Comment