Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Crafting for Christmas!

Are you creating anything for Christmas? Maybe gifts or decorations? I sure am. We're hosting the family Christmas this year at our house and I am so thrilled! I've been decorating like a holiday fool! Here's a few things I've made so far:

I had these (ugly) framed pictures on the walls where my tree is. I just couldn't leave them as they were. So I cut up some paper, stitched it in quilt fashion and added a Cricut silhouette cut out from "A Child's Year" cartridge. I just glued it all on top of the glass so it can be changed out easily. I like it so much I may have to change it out seasonally!



The next item on the agenda was a quilted banner for the mantle:




 
 

 
For this banner I created it just like a quilt with fused raw-edge applique of the letters with zigzag stitch, added echo quilting around each letter, added the bindings and a little bead. I couldn't find any jingle bells so it was a bead at the bottom. I've since found a handful of bells, so I may have to add those instead. :-)
 
  
 What are you crafting? If you have a good idea or recipe, please share!



1 comment :