Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Take care of your body!

The older I get the more concerned about health I am. And the more thankful I am for my health. Just have your back go out and you know what I mean. I have been exercising heavily now for well over a year and I've never been in better shape, literally.  But, twice during that time I've had my lower back go out.

That's what happened recently. I was in pain...most likely from doing dead lifts (you bend forward from the waist holding weights). I moaned around for almost three weeks. I kept saying, "It's not that bad" or "It feels a little better than yesterday"...but I continued to be in pain and, of course, you can't sleep well when your back hurts. :-( Finally, I headed out to my chiropractor and he got me back in line. I hope it doesn't take me that long again to do the right thing.  And yes, I've stopped doing dead lifts!

Some of the best money I ever spent on my health??
  • Lumbar support pillow - great for me as I'm always sitting at the computer for work. What a difference that makes. It keeps me sitting properly and it's all about posture! 
  • Water-filled pillow - no more stiff neck when I wake up. I felt the difference immediately!!
  • Gym membership!! Go to a place that offers the types of classes you like. Maybe it's a Tai Chi clinic...maybe your thing is yoga...just do something. Get moving!!
I may get back on my soapbox occasionally...so you've been forewarned!! ;-)

No comments :

Post a Comment