Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tulip Fabric Book Page

Finally finished the Tulip page for Fat Book #2, a collaborative fabric book with my online friends at Trading Fabric Post Cards.  Yes, I realize this is not a post card, but we have various swaps in our group and you can sign up for whatever you want to do.

For this swap, each participant creates an 8" x 8" page of fabric using the flower theme. I've begun receiving the others' pages and everyone has such a different style. It's so neat to see the various fabrics, stitching, and embellishments that each has created.  For mine, I started by spraying the blue background with Glimmer Mist, free-hand drawing the tulip with colored pencils, then thread sketching with various shades of thread.  I think for my first thread sketching project it's pretty darn good. Add to that the fact that I can't draw, and I'm proud of my page.  Let's hope the other gals like it, too. :D

4 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley, this is lovely. I participate in a quarterly group fabric postcard swap, but want to do one more often. I'm going to sign up for your group. Thanks for the information and keep up your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are featured on the C&T Publishing blog today - thanks for being a member of our Creative Troupe! www.ctpubblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you say you can't draw! This is elegant. I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete