Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Butterfly Post Card

Another post card for the swap.
 Yes, it's not a great photo and it looks a little wonky, but I've already sent it off in the mail so I can't re-do it.  I stamped the butterflies on canvas (cotton duck cloth) with Staz-On Ink by Tsukineko.

On another note.  I hate computers...well, I guess it's a love-hate relationship.  My laptop died on Thursday, so I took it in to Best Buy to see if the Geek Squad could rescue it.  (Luckily I had backed-up all my very important stuff for work and my photos just two days prior!) They still have it, but said that I probably need a new one since it was 3-1/2 years old as laptops usually only last 3-4 years.  Since when did things that expensive have such a short lifespan??

Well, needless to say, I had to purchase a new one.  OK, so that's just the way it goes, right? I had them load up the necessary Microsoft stuff and retrieved it that evening.  But, when I tried to start the darn thing up the next morning it wouldn't load Windows.  UGH! I didn't freak out, as would be my normal response, which I was very glad about(I must be growing up!??).  Knew it must be a bad apple and, of course, they started all over again and gave me a brand new one...  Here's to another great 3-1/2 years of computing!

No comments :

Post a Comment