Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Green Yellow and Orange Fabric Post Card

My "creative juices" weren't flowing too well today. It took me pulling out most of my fabric to decide on a project for my "Green, Yellow, and Orange" post card for the swap.
Let's go through the process.
First I chose this fabric. But it doesn't have any yellow or orange, you say....yes, I do realize that. It's coming. Cut to 4" x 6" post card size. I added a layer of tear-away stabilizer to the back and began free-motion stitching over the light and dark green areas.
Next, I hand cut a few quasi-flower shapes and stitched them in place.
Then it's time to add the orange...
Add a thick stabilizer, the post card image for the mailing side and satin stitch this sucker. I usually satin stitch two or three times around the perimeter to get it looking as thick as I like it.
And voila...it's a post card!
Off it goes to it's recipient...

No comments :

Post a Comment