This is my page for a collaborative fabric book...finally done! YIPPEE!! There are twelve of us from the Trading Fabric Post Cards swap group in this collaborative effort. Each of us creates a 6" x 6.5" fabric page about a month of the year. My month, obviously, is March. The extra 1/2" on the left of the fabric is for the binding of your choice.
- The base is made of cotton duck.
- I've sprayed the green and blue using Glimmer Mists. By using a regular piece of copy paper as a mask you can get a clean line at the "horizon".
- Next up was stamping with StazOn by Tsukineko with a stamp.
- I also stamped with my fave, bubble wrap using acrylic paints.
- I made that ruffly goodness with white lace and satiny ribbon on the right hand edge.
- My wonderful new Bernina 450 helped me out with the alpha and little floral embroidery stitch.
- I used Bubble Jet Set 2000 on cotton cloth to produce the printable fabric. Love that stuff!!
- The acrylic butterfly was colored with Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks by Ranger. Love that guy!
- A little hand beading for the center of the butterfly...and the flight "trail" of thread.
- Sandwich a bit of stabilizer in between the finished piece and backing fabric.
I love it! I'm ready to send this baby off to my friends. Can't wait to receive the other eleven months/pages in the mail!