Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Blog Makeover time!

I'm so inspired to make over my blog. I admit I haven't put too much thought into this thing, but I want to add a few pages. I've gotten some good ideas as I've perused quite a few blogs this weekend. I want to add some tutorials, a gallery of my "stuff"...and I'm on the hunt for a snappy name for my blog/designs/art biz of sorts. That means a new banner/header.

Got to show you more ATC's I've made for a swap:

This was a part of a large stamped image, cut in two. Not my fave, but I like the addition of dimensional portions of the stamped image.

This butterfly card does have a "partner" but I didn't photograph them together. The butterfly is an old rub-on that wouldn't rub onto the transparency. So I just cut it off from the release paper and glued it down, added Diamond Glaze and glitter. It is my FAVORITE!!! I love a bit of black in everything I do, so I am in heaven over this one. Gotta love that black bling. I know I'm probably really weird to like black bling...but I'm really not into shiny and glittery stuff. But this...ooohhhh!!!


For some reason I can't satin stitch too well...I guess I need lessons!

Speaking of which...I am in the mode of purchasing a new sewing machine. I want to be able to free motion stitch, and my current machine doesn't have a darning/free motion foot...darn it all! Oh well, I guess that means I purchase a new one. (go ahead, force me to shop!) Here's the one I'm thinking about:

It's a Bernina aurora 430...gotta head on over to the local quilt shop to check it out and get advice. (While I'm there I MUST search for new fabrics, right?)I have no idea what to get other than I know what I want to use it for. Any advice??

2 comments :

  1. I like the new look of your blog. And i am jealous about your new sewing machine...maybe for my birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get it yet? Bernina makes a great machine. Also check out babylock. That is what I use and love it! As you will find once you have a machine that you love you will become loyal to that machine.

    ReplyDelete