Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

23rd Anniversary trip to Disney

My DH, Howard, and I celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary over Thanksgiving weekend. We usually take a night or two to get away at Disney. It's so nice to live so close to Mickey. We are members of the Disney Vacation Club and spent two nights at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. Disney is amazing when it comes to decoration, food, and a good time.

So here's a few highlights from our trip. I will tell you that I like to take photos of architecture, art, and "things", while Howard likes photos of people. It's good we're together 'cause we end up with some really good pictures!

Here's an amazing ostrich lamp from the lobby

You've gotta know where the good food is...


The BOMA is a buffet-style restaraunt with a carver who will carve steaks and pork, traditional African entrees, salads, breads, wonderful soups(!), and desserts, of course. These things are tiny and you certainly can take one of each..I did!

Pecan tarts
Pumpkin Cheesecake

Some kind of Apricot thingies(not my fave)

Zebra Domes(yummy!!)

We went to EPCOT one day...here we are in front of the "big golf ball"


Mexico...

Canada...
Here's one of the artsy things I had to take a pix of. It is on the walls where you wait in line for "Living with the Land". It is an educational boat ride through Disney's hydroponic research gardens where they grow vegetables and have fish farming...these colors were so amazing I had to photograph it.
:D

1 comment :

  1. Now you have me wanting to come to Disney. I love it. We have been about 10 times and I think I need to go 10 more!!!

    Animal Kingdom was just built the last time we were there and some of the rides still being made. I would love to see the Christmas decorations.

    Maybe next year.
    Loved the pictures and Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete