Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

A day without orange juice...

Anyone remember that commercial? "A day without orange juice is like a day without sunshine." I do, obviously!

I was outside this morning with my husband as he was fixing our wooden fence out back. I noticed that the orange tree was starting to sprout. YIPPEE!! That means that soon the bees will come to scout out the new buds and will pollinate as they go. Also, a good indicator that we're headed for much better weather!

According to my knowledge, which can sometimes be "off", you need to take off all remaining fruit as soon as the tree starts budding, so its energy can be used for the new crop, not the old one. So I was out there pulling off a few dozen oranges. And what did I do with them? When life gives you oranges...

No comments :

Post a Comment