Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2009

How was your Christmas?

For Christmas we (my hubby and three sons along with my mother-in-law) traveled to my parents' house in Ocala, which is about 1-1/2 hours north of us. All my brothers and sisters were there with their families - except for my sis in Detroit.

There's always a TON of food. How is it that we are constantly eating? I mean, seriously? We are constantly eating! After we ate once, we had our Chinese gift exchange. OK, this is totally the highlight of our Christmas. Seriously! We each bring a bunch of "useful" and slightly gag items and wrap them up.

We had 20 people at Christmas and we must have had a few hundred gifts. Yes, seriously! Anyway, I am always "in charge" of the Chinese gift exchange, which means I can make the rules! :D We all pick a number that my dad prints off on little slips of paper and we go from 1-20(or 20-1 if I so desire!;-)) and each person picks a present in order. You can steal a present from someone else and then that person who got stolen from gets to open another one or steal from someone else. Once the round is over, that gift is yours.

My parents put in a few $25 Walmart gift cards, so you know that those were stolen many times. But when you pick your number...if you are #20 you know that you get whatever you want out of the opened gifts! The most stolen item was, of course, the $25 gift cards and a Snuggie(as seen on TV, no less!). ??? Yes, I don't get it either, but the Snuggie was a wanted gift! My 20 year old nephew was #20 in that round and landed the Snuggie!! Go figure! :-o

Yes, after that was over we ate again! Then after that we went to my #2 sisters' and ate cookies! I was more stuffed than I was at Thanksgiving! Seriously!

I am home alone today. My hubby and all 3 sons are off to a ski trip in West Virginia with my husbands' brother and kids. Let me tell you that I am in heaven! It's just me and the dog and I am working on the projects for my online classes I am teaching in February. Total fun!

So how was your Christmas?

3 comments :

  1. This is a great blog you have here! I have a blog myself which provides guidance and inspiration to people all around the world. You know, life is hard enough, and I hope that one day my site will be a top resource where people can come and hear what they need to here to brighten up their day and truly feel better about themselves in their journey through life.

    I would like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around between each other. Please let me know if this is possible.

    Jason
    TheWISDOMWALL.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Shirley! One day we WILL get together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! It's always nice to meet new people. Your Christmas sounds wonderful. We have so many people in our family and every year we have to decide how we'll 'do presents'. Whether to only buy for children, or thrift/regift or buy for everyone. Takes the joy out of it all. I would love to do it your way with the gift exchange. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete