Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Snapshots from the backyard

This summer started out with such rain...everyday...like 15 days straight. I thought we were going to have to start looking for Noah to build us an ark...that much rain! It was making me really depressed. But now our weather has settled down and is regular Florida summertime weather. "Regular" for us is a sun shower or thunderstorm usually every afternoon around 4pm. Today and yesterday has been blistering hot in the 90's. I got outside to capture these photos before noon. The sun was already hot on my back as I got up close for the shots.

I almost caught the resident cardinal going for the birdfeeder, but I wasn't quick enough. Then there was the couple of bees that were pollinating the flowers on the trees...but they were too quick, as well. It was fun to watch them do their thing and be able to be up close and not be afraid of being stung. I was less than a foot away from the bees.


Happy summertime! Enjoy your weekend. :D

No comments :

Post a Comment