Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tattooed eyeliner and other medical stuff...

What does tattooed eyeliner have to do with anything medical, you ask? Well, alot. In my medical "travels" this last six months and all the tests I have endured, you get alot of questions asked of you.

One is: Do you have tattooed eyeliner? If so, you can't EVER have an MRI because they use metal flakes in the tattoo ink. Think about it. There is so much a doctor can see with an MRI...if you were ever thinking about getting tattooed eyeliner, DON'T!

Another question they ask is if you've had a tetanus shot in the last ten years. I haven't. I have been asked this question so much that I have made an appointment with my primary doc to get my shot. You need to go get one if you haven't had one, simple as that. I'm glad I was reminded. :D

You know when you are discharged from the hospital or after you visit a certain doctor they always tell you to followup with this doctor and that doctor...well, I wasn't in the habit of doing so. But now I am totally in charge of my health. I am taking the bull by the horns. My heart, my weight, my medications, etc.

If you are of the age that you need a colonoscopy every ten years...go do it. I had one done(and I am not even 50). You are basically asleep and don't know what's going on...it doesn't hurt and then you're good for ten years.

If you have a family history of some disease, go get it checked out. Don't even tell me you are scared of needles...I don't even want to hear that. The tests are nothing compared to living with the disease. So much can be done to prevent diseases. Catch it BEFORE it becomes the disease.

Lose weight, eat healthy, start a work out plan...just start walking.

Your health is the most important thing you have.

Have a fantastic and healthy day!

2 comments :

  1. OMGosh... who knew about the eyeliner tatoo... interesting!

    You are one very WISE woman Shirley... I too have taken my health care by the horns and I won't put up with any bull...

    I'm so glad you are feeling better!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete