Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

the pain...

I have debated about posting my real feelings. I decided to just do it.

I have been suffering with cluster headaches all of September and now into October. Went to the emergency three times and was finally admitted into the hospital for pain management and to get the needed tests, no thanks to the insurance company. All the tests are negative. Meaning there is no cancer or tumors. But yes, I have brain matter, believe it or not. But it really hurts right now. There's nothing really that can be done for cluster headaches, so I'm told.

I will actually get to see the Neurologist on Monday, thanks to a cancellation. Thank God! I am really wondering what I can do that is pro-active for this. What can I eat or NOT eat, what can I do or not do? Is there really nothing??? Must I really sit and suffer? It really stinks to have chronic pain and to have to lie in bed and rest.

My husband has been an absolute saint. He has taken me to the hospital when I was less than cordial, cooked for me, fed me, given me medication, done the laundry, shopping, cleaning, AND corraled the three teen boys, too!! I tell ya, there's not a better man...

2 comments :

  1. I'm so sorry to hear you are suffering, Shirley.

    I hope the doctor finds something that he can do for you on Monday.

    My thoughts are with you.

    Kim P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley, I'm sorry to hear you're in pain. I suffer from chronic pain so I know how you feel. I hope the dr has a solution for you so you can get some relief. One thing that has helped me is acupuncture. It's truly amazing! So there's still hope for relief if the dr can't give you any. Take care, Kristie

    ReplyDelete