Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Loss of a favorite

I just found out that one of my most favorite singer/songwirters has passed away. I have loved Dan Fogelberg since I heard of him in the 70's. Love his old stuff the best. If you don't know who he is, you may know his hits "Leader of the Band” and “Same Old Lang Syne” . He died December 16, 2007, at his home in Maine after battling prostate cancer. He was 56. He had advanced prostate cancer. It only gets to advanced if you don't find and treat it early. I personally can't say enough about getting checked, both men and women for the cancers that are detectable and treatable. You can donate to the Prostate Cancer Foundation in his honor.

I have been sitting here in front of my computer looking at his website. I will have to go play his CD's in memory of him...Music will not be the same. :(

No comments :

Post a Comment