Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sharing my heart

(I just sent this out to everyone on my crop list.)

I just had to share what’s on my mind right now. OK, yeah, scrapbooking always is on my mind, but more than that.

I had my monthly crop in my home yesterday. I had the house decorated for Christmas and put out loads of goodies to eat and great things to drink. I had friends who brought their pictures to scrap, but there was more than that yesterday. There was something special that has been coming and has been exposing itself for a while now. But yesterday it blew the doors off! We all know that scrapbooking is about more than just gluing pictures to paper. It’s about the people, the stories, and the women you share it with. And I want to share that with you. Any and all of you who haven’t come to a crop or who haven’t been here in a while. I want you to experience what I have. I have found a connection…a connection between women.

I think every woman has a desire to create, whether with paper or paint or words or dance…to let out something deep inside them that make them feel free. We are afraid of letting it out, but we HAVE to let it out. We have to find the pieces inside us that make us feel free…that make us feel happy and joyful and just “fine and dandy” with life.

Yesterday there was a constant buzz of chatter between the women. Mother and daughter, old friends, and new friends. There was a heart connection that I so desperately need and want in my life. And I really think that you do, too. OK, I know it’s scary to come to someone’s house that you don’t know. Go look at my picture on my website (http://www.scrapbookandpaper.com/). You have probably seen me at Publix or Wal-Mart, or at the volleyball game or on the road. But I am here, in your neighborhood and I have things I want to share with you and I know you have things you need to share with me. I am a great listener…so are the other gals who come to my crop. We are of all ages and faiths and races. Some are grandmothers, even thought you’d never guess it by looking at them!! (Wink, wink) Some have young kids, some older kids, some are married and some are single. But we are all women. We all have stories…we all have pain and joy to share and we want to belong and to be free and to create. I just want you to come to be a part of this amazing thing. Come be a part of something great and refreshing.

I have attached the Crop Schedule for 2008. Pop it in your calendar and carve out the time for YOU. You really do deserve it. You have so much going on in your life that one afternoon a month really can be considered “your time”. Don’t feel guilty about it. It will recharge you so you can be the woman that everyone needs you to be. If you don’t recharge your batteries, you won’t work.

I can’t wait to see you in January. Please feel free to call me or email me with any questions.

Have a safe and Joyous Holiday!!

Shirley

No comments :

Post a Comment