Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Holiday Greetings

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas or a Joyous Hanukkah!

On Christmas day we travelled 1-1/2 hours north of Orlando to Ocala where my parents' house is. Every year we play the funnest game...the "Chinese gift exchange". I am not sure if it's an "official" game, but you buy a bunch of $1 store (or fairly cheap items) that are 'useful' and wrap them up. We all sit in a circle and pick a number. Number one goes first, etc. You open up a wrapped gift. The next person can open another gift or take the opened one if he/she likes it better, then the one who's present got "stolen" picks another gift. Some gifts were silly putty, gum, candy, the re-gifted christmas candle that no one wants(!), overliners, can of soup, a thesaurus, pen, hot cocoa, and the all-time winner...a $10 Walmart gift card. We usually don't get such fancy schmancy stuff for this game! (Some years we have a whoopie cushion, which is always a hit, or BEANO...but let's not go there!!) Below see a few of my winnings. My sister looked at me real funny when I told her I was gonna make art by cutting up my thesaurus...oh well!!

Below is a picture of our gang. Mom and Dad are in the center and all around are my brothers and sisters and all our kids. My oldest sister, her husband and two daughters live in (cold!) Michigan and couldn't make it down this year. I am in the front at the far left.
Now onto New Years! I am very excited about New Years' this year. To start fresh!! I want to hand make an art journal with hand stamped dates for each day of the year...there was one fantastic one I saw in Somerset Studio...I will have to go scrounge to find who made it and maybe get a picture. It was so cool. There were blank pages to make art on and then on other pages she had hand stamped the dates...like one page was one week's worth of dates...to journal on . Very Cool!!! I know I am not explaining this very well...I will look for the issue and get back to you.

Here's the most recent layout I just finished yesterday. This is one of my neices' on her graduation this past May. The layout is a scraplift from Wendy Chang's graduation layout http://prima.typepad.com/photos/graduation_ideas/ididitcopy_wendy_chang.html on the Prima blog. You've gotta check out that blog...it is amazing!!! Loads of eye candy for creating!!!

Until next time!! :D

No comments :

Post a Comment