Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2007

I am an art-making fiend!!


After searching online for Altered Books, I found a similar piece of art using slide mounts. I love how this turned out. Each "canvas" is so small...it can really be a challenge and other times it's easy as pie! I have made these nine slides with various papers and even Christmas wrapping paper. The black corrugated cardboard was inked and heat-embossed with gold, mounted on torn, inked and black embossed paper and all of that mounted on foam core. I covered both sides of the foam core with chipboard and painted it red. There's some black cording finishing off the edges. It looks super-fantastic!!! What therapy. My hubby says to sell it...but I am not sure...I like it too much!

1 comment :

  1. Shirley,
    What a BEAUTIFUL MASTERPIECE!!!! I know what you mean about not being able to part with what you make. I grow so attached to what I make I have a hard time parting with it!!!

    ReplyDelete